Coconut & Sugar Modak Recipe For Ganesh Chaturthi
Ganesh Chaturthi is impending and there is frolic in a air. This is one of a biggest festivals of Maharashtra, though today, people of other states are also celebrating it with vibrancy and passion.
While articulate about Ganesh Chaturthi, we can’t forget about modaks. In each statue or design of Lord Ganesha, we can see him holding modaks in his palm. This is his favourite sweet.
So, if we are formulation to acquire ‘Ganapati Bappa’ this year to your house, try this smashing coconut and sugarine modak recipe.
Also Read: Tricks To Make Crispy Karanji For Ganesh Chaturthi
Actually, there are opposite forms of modak recipes for Ganesh Chaturthi that people follow. In some households, rawa modak is famous; and in other places, it is done of motichoor.
But, a coconut and sugarine modak recipe is authentic and it tastes only delicious. Every form of modak recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi can be possibly boiled or steamed.
Coconut and sugarine modak recipe also follows a same procedure. So, go by this elementary coconut and sugarine modak recipe and applaud a festival to a fullest!
Serves – 5
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
1. Freshly grated coconut – 1 cup
2. Sugar – ½ cup
3. Cardamom powder – a pinch
4. Mixed nuts – 1 tbsp (powdered or finely chopped)
5. Jaggery – ½ crater (smashed)
6. Ghee – 2 to 3 tsp
7. Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
8. Khoya/Mawa – 2 tsp (optional)
For The Covering
1. Rice flour – 1 cup
2. Salt – a pinch
3. Ghee – ½ tbsp
4. Hot H2O – as per requirement
For The Covering
1. Boil H2O in a deep-bottomed pan.
2. Add salt and ghee into it and brew it well. Let it boil again.
3. Take a medium-sized play and take flour. Add ghee into it and brew well.
4. Now, supplement a brew into prohibited H2O and brew well.
5. Lower a feverishness and cover a vessel for a few minutes. Let a rice flour cook.
6. Now, mislay it from a oven and take it on to a prosaic surface.
7. Knead a brew well, so that no lumps are formed.
8. While kneading, request some oil or ghee on your palms and stimulate when a brew is still hot.
9. If we find it removing dry, use prohibited H2O as per a requirement and stimulate good to make it soothing and smooth.
10. The brew is prepared to be used now.
Also Read: 16 Special Recipes For Ganesh Chaturthi
For The Stuffing
1. Take a vessel and feverishness it.
2. Add ghee into a vessel and sauté a poppy seeds (khas khas) for a few seconds.
3. Now, supplement coconut, sugar, jaggery, churned nuts, cardamom powder and khoya (optional). Mix all a reduction well.
4. Cook it until a reduction leaves dampness and starts to dry.
5. Lower a fire to equivocate over blazing a mixture.
6. Stir each 2 mins until a reduction turns golden yellow.
7. If we consider it is removing drier, supplement ghee and milk. Be clever about a consistency.
8. The stuffing for modak is ready.
To Make The Modak:
1. Pour some ghee or oil on to your palms and make tiny balls from a dough.
2. Give those balls a figure of a cone and press a corners with your finger to give a petal-like shape.
3. Fill a cones with stuffing and tighten a ends to give it a figure of figs.
4. Make a few and place those on a plate.
5. Now, if we wish to grill those, feverishness oil in a vessel and low grill a modaks.
6. For steamed modaks, we should douse a banana root and put it in a steamer.
7. Steam a modaks for 5-6 mins and a modaks are prepared to be served.
Coconut and sugarine modak tastes only delicious. You can try other modak recipes for Ganesh Chaturthi as good to make your kids happy.