Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1⁄16-1⁄8cup cup butter
- 1 1⁄2cups chopped onions
- 1tablespoon finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4lbs medium carrots, peeled,chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2tomatoes, seeded,chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3cups vegetable stock
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4tablespoons sour cream
- 1small carrot, peeled,grated
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel; saute 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in blender.
- Return soup to pot.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.