Lauki ki Sabzi
Bottle gourd Curry, Sorakkai Thokku, Dudhi ki Subzi, Lauki ki Sabzi
Bottle gourd is a unfeeling belonging to a pumpkin family. It has high H2O calm and is really low in calories. In south India, it is baked with dal to make Sorakkai Kootu, total to Moru Curry and done as Poriyal. In a North, people have it proposal in a form of extract by people on diet. It is also total with yogurt to make lassi and raita. Lauki tastes good when prepared as halwa or kheer. Another famous honeyed done with this unfeeling is called ‘Agra Petha’.
Bottle gourd has a really amiable ambience identical to cucumber and hence too many spices can over energy it. This recipe of Lauki Sabzi is a ideal side-dish for chapati.
Preparation time – 10 min
Cooking time – 10 min
- Bottle gourd – 1 middle sized (about 1 lb)
- Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped) or Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil (or Ghee) – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro (Fresh coriander leaves) – 2-3 springs (finely chopped)
- When we buy bottle gourd, try and buy tiny or middle sized ones that are tender. Peel a skin and rinse it.
- Chop it into punch distance chunks. You can leave a proposal seeds in.
- Heat oil in a vigour cooker and supplement a cumin seeds. Once it pops, supplement a asafoetida.
- Add a chopped tomatoes and grill for integrate of minutes.
- Add a bottle gourd pieces, salt, turmeric powder and cold powder (or immature chilies). Add half a crater of H2O and tighten a cooker. Add some-more H2O if needed.
- Pressure prepare for 3 whistles and switch off. Let a vigour go down by itself.
- Lauki ki Sabzi is prepared to be served.
- Mix in a chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve prohibited with chapati or any roti varieties or with rice.