சாமை -Little Millet Biryani / Samai Biryani Recipe
|1 cup = 200ml
- Add G&G paste.Saute until raw smell goes off.Add half of the mint leaves and mix well.Add the chopped vegetables,red chilli powder,Garam masala powder and salt.Saute for a minute.
- Add water,remaining mint leaves,curd and washed saamai/millet. Mix well and pressure cook in low flame for one whistle.Remove after the steam is released.Check if its cooked well else add 1/4 cup of water,mix well and cook for one whistle in high flame. Do not add more water for samai as it may become mushy quickly. So take care.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and enjoy with raita !
- You can replace Samai with Varagu/kudo millet.The water quantity is the same.
- For Kuthiravali,water quantity would be 1:2.
- Instead of red chilli powder,u can use chopped green chillies too.
- For more flavor,u can add black stone flower/Kalpasi.