milk kesari recipe, how to make milk kesari recipe
milk kesari recipe with step by step photos – easy to prepare kesari or what we call sooji halwa with milk.
during poojas and on festive ocassions, i always end up making kesari or sooji halwa as its very easy to make and takes less time than other indian sweets. also one cannot go much wrong while making a kesari or halwa. the chances of having disasters or failures are more when one prepares complicated indian sweets for the first time. a first timer can easily make kesari or halwa as the method is simple and not difficult.
as the name suggests, this version of rava kesari is made with milk and not water. so it is more rich. the recipe serves 5 to 6 servings. you can easily halve the ingredients proportionally for a serving of 2 to 3. the leftovers also stay well in the fridge for a couple of days. just warm the kesari in microwave before serving.
lets start step by step milk kesari recipe:
1. take 3 cups milk in a thick bottomed pan.
2. then add 1 cup sugar. you can also add sugar as per your taste.
3. stir and add 12 to 15 saffron strands and 1 to 2 drops of orange or yellow color extract. here i used natural orange color extract. if you don’t have any natural color then skip it.
4. keep the milk on stove top and allow it come to a boil on a low to medium flame. stir first so that the sugar dissolves. then later stir at intervals when the milk is simmering, so that the milk does not get scorched from the bottom.
5. when the milk is getting heated up, in another pan heat 8 tbsp ghee.
6. lower the flame and first add 15 to 20 cashews.
7. then add 1 cup fine rava/sooji/cream of wheat (about 240 grams).
8. stir very well.
9. then add ½ tsp cardamom powder or crushed cardamom.
10. on a low flame, roast the rava often till you you see some crispness in them and they getting nicely fragrant. about 6 to 7 minutes on a low to medium flame. a tip is when the cashews get light golden or golden and you see ghee releasing from the sides, then the rava is done. keep on stirring often, so the rava does not get browned and is roasted evenly.
11. then add 2 tbsp raisins. stir.
12. by now the milk would also have started boiling.
13. pour the hot boiling milk to the roasted rava. be careful while adding the hot milk as the mixture splutters too.
14. once you pour all the milk, then stir quickly and continuously so that no lumps are formed.
15. you will see the rava will absorb the milk and the whole mixture will thicken.
16. just level everything with a spoon or spatula and allow to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes on a low flame. you can also cover and cook.
17. here the milk kesari is done and is ready to be served. you should not see any creamish specks in the rava. this means that the rava is not cooked well.
18. serve milk kesari hot or warm.
milk kesari recipe below:
pineapple kesari recipe, how to make pineapple kesari recipe
coconut ladoo recipe, how to make coconut ladoo | coconut laddu recipe
sandesh recipe for durga pooja, how to make sandesh | durga pooja recipes
rice kheer recipe, how to make rice kheer recipe | chawal ki kheer
beetroot carrot poriyal recipe, how to make beetroot carrot poriyal
cabbage vada recipe, how to make cabbage vada | cabbage vadai recipe
potato podimas recipe, how to make potato podimas | south indian style
shrikhand recipe, how to make kesar elaichi shrikhand recipe