Mosaru Ambode Or Dahi Vada For Ugadi
Ugadi is a initial day of a Chaitra Masam as per a Hindu calendar. It denotes a New Year in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. The initial day of a Kannad New Year is distinguished as Ugadi and it is one of a many portentous occasions of a state. People, dressed in new clothes, adorn their houses with rangolis and ‘torans’ done of mango leaves and garlands.
As Ganesh Chaturthi is compared with a credentials of laddoos, Mosaru Ambode is really associated to Ugadi. Now, if we are a South Indian, we would know what this is.
Also Read: Here are a discerning honeyed recipes for Ugadi
For non-Kannada people, Mosaru Ambode is zero though dahi vada. However, it tastes opposite from a required dahi vada and during Ugadi, people have it to boost a celebratory mood of a festival.
So, would we wish to know how to make Mosaru Ambode? Then, continue reading to know a recipe.
Serves – 10 Vadas
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
1. Chana Dal – 2 cups
2. Dill Leaves – ¾th crater (chopped)
3. Green Chilli – 7to 8
4. Onions – 2 (finely chopped)
5. Oil for low frying
6. Salt as per taste
7. Curd – 3 cups
8. Ginger – ½ tsp (grated)
9. Carrots – ¼th crater (chopped and for garnishing)
10. Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped and for garnishing)
11. Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
12. Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
13. Urad Dal – 1 tsp
14. Asafetida – a pinch
15. Oil – 1 tsp
Also Read: Try these tantalizing break recipes that we can prepared for Ugadi
For The Vada:
1. Soak chana dal overnight. Once those are feathery enough, empty a H2O good and keep a tiny apportionment of dal aside.
2. Now, put a remaining dal, immature chilli, ginger and salt into a blender and brew it into a counterfeit mix. Don’t make it too smooth.
3. Take a reduction into a play and brew a chana dal with it that we had kept aside. Also, supplement salt, dill leaves and chopped onions into a reduction and brew it well.
4. Take tiny portions of it onto your palm and make balls. Flatten those to give a figure of a vada.
5. Deep grill those in prohibited oil until a vadas spin brownish-red in colour. Keep those on a kitchen towel.
For Mosaru Ambode:
1. Keep a vadas for 2 hours and let it get cooled down completely.
2. Take spread into a play and kick it good to make it smooth. Dip a vadas into a spread and cool those for during slightest 10-12 hours. You should take adequate apportion of curd, so that a vadas get totally dunked into it.
3. Bring those out from a fridge and let a vadas strech a room temperature.
4. Remove a vadas from a curd. Now, supplement cumin powder and a splash of salt into a curd. Also, make a tempering with curry leaves, mustard seeds, asafetida, urad dal and curry leaves. Add it into a curd.
5. Now, place a vadas on a portion image and flow a prepared spread on to it. Your Morasu Ambode is prepared to be served. Garnish it with chopped carrots and coriander leaves before serving.
Isn’t a recipe wonderful? It also tastes amazing. So, make this Ugadi special with some homemade Mosaru Ambode.