Naadan Chicken Curry
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut into middle distance pieces)
- Onion – 6 (sliced thinly)
- Ginger – 2″ square (crushed)
- Garlic – 1 tuber (crushed)
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Red cold Powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Whole Spices – 1″ cinnamon, 2 cloves, 2 cardamom, 1 tsp Fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp Peppercorns (or use store bought duck masala powder)
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut pieces – 2-3 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Heat a oil in a complicated bottomed vessel and burst a mustard seeds.
- Reduce a feverishness and supplement a fenugreek seeds. Fry for few seconds.
- Add a ginger, garlic, curry leaves and dejected whole spices. (Reserve a splash to supplement during a end.)
- Cook for about half a minute.
- Add a sliced onions and saute. Add some salt to speed adult a process.
- Saute on middle feverishness for 10-15 mins compartment it turn golden brownish-red and pasty.
- Add a salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cold powder. Mix together and grill for few seconds to incite a aroma of a spices.
- Add a duck pieces and toss to cloak with a spices.
- Cover and let it prepare in a possess juices for about 5 minutes.
- Add compulsory volume of water. Cover and prepare on middle feverishness for about 10 minutes.
- Add a coconut pieces during this stage. Reduce a feverishness and prepare lonesome for another 10 mins compartment oil separates from a gravy.
- Finally supplement a splash of a dejected spices and some uninformed curry leaves.
- Switch off and keep lonesome compartment we are prepared to serve.
- Enjoy this simple, aromatic, juicy Kerala Style Chicken Curry with some ghee rice, white rice, coconut rice, pathiri or chapati.