Navratri Special: Coconut Puran Poli | Coconut Obatu | Coconut Poli With Singhara Atta
Navratri is that time of a year when many of a honeyed recipes are prepared and offering to a goddess.
It is a many charming and joyous festival that people can’t wait to celebrate. On these 9 days, any day a special honeyed recipe is prepared and offering to any Goddess for Navratri. So, currently we shall share this honeyed recipe with we called coconut poli.
The categorical mixture compulsory to prepared coconut poli are all purpose flour, jaggery, coconut.
Many devotees in North India bear fasting for all a 9 days of a Navratri festival. And there are certain food restrictions during these 9 days as well, among that all purpose flour or atta is not consumed during a fast. So, we can supplement singhara atta or kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) while we prepared a coconut puran poli recipe.
So, take a discerning demeanour during how to prepared a coconut poli honeyed recipe, also called obatu, for Navratri.
Serves – 4
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Preparation time – 30 minutes
- All purpose flour – 1 crater
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Grated Fresh Coconut – 1 cup
- A Few Cardamom Pods
1. In a far-reaching bowl, supplement a all purpose flour, salt, turmeric powder and H2O gradually while kneading it.
2.Once a mix is ready, supplement coconut oil, and kindly stimulate it into a dough. Keep a mix aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Grind a grated uninformed coconut but adding any water.
4. For a filling, take a small H2O in a pot, and supplement jaggery to it and let it melt.
5.After it melts, aria a jaggery syrup to mislay impurities.
6. Add a coconut to a stretched jaggery syrup. Pound some uninformed cardamom and supplement it as well. Cook it compartment all a dampness evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Allow it to cool.
7. Take a small mix and squash it, afterwards place some coconut stuffing in a centre and sign a mix from all sides. Flatten it a small bit.
8. Dust adequate all purpose flour, and hurl it out gently, we can hurl it into middle thickness.
9. Heat a tawa and fry a coconut puran poli regulating ghee. Once done, your coconut puran poli is prepared to be served with ghee.