oats idli recipe, how to make oats idli recipe | oats recipes
oats idli recipe with step by step photos – quick oats idli recipe made with oats.
sharing one more oats recipe. a quick recipe of idli made with oats. this recipe is similar to the way we make rava idli. apart from oats, i have also used rava or cream of wheat in the batter.
on occasions i do add few veggies in the batter and at times i make the idlis without any veggies. the pictures are taken on two different occasions, when i made these idlis.
the recipe of these oats idlis gets done quickly. when the idlis are steaming, you can prepare the chutney. and lo you have a healthy breakfast at your table. these oats idlis also make for a good tiffin box snack.
oats idli recipe below:
lets start step by step oats idli recipe:
1. take 1 cup quick cooking oats or rolled oats in a grinder or blender jar.
2. grind or a blend the oats to a fine flour. keep aside.
3. peel and grate 1 small to medium carrot.
4. some of the ingredients that will be added to the idlis. in clockwise order – cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chana dal, crushed black pepper, chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped curry leaves, chopped ginger and green chilies.
5. heat ½ to 1 tbsp oil in a pan. on a low flame, add the ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp chana dal.
7. saute till the mustard seeds crackle and both the urad dal and chana dal become golden.
8. now add the 1 tsp chopped green chilies, 1 tsp chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped curry leaves, 8 to 10 cashews (chopped), ½ tsp crushed black pepper and a pinch of asafoetida/hing.
9. saute for a minute.
10. add ½ cup of sooji/rava/cream of wheat.
11. on a low flame, stir and saute for 2 minutes.
12. then add the oats flour.
13. stir very well and keep on stirring often while roasting the flour on a low flame.
14. roast for 4 to 5 minutes.
15. take this mixture in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
16. then add the grated carrots and 3 tsp chopped coriander leaves. you can also add steamed peas or finely chopped french beans. you can skip the veggies too.
17. add ½ cup curd. you can add either fresh or sour curd.
18. add 1 cup water.
19. stir the idli batter very well.
20. the batter should have a consistency like that of idli batter. cover and allow the batter to sit for 5 to 6 minutes.
21. meanwhile, grease the idli moulds with some oil or ghee. also heat water in the idli steamer or in an electric cooker or pressure cooker.
22. the batter after the resting time.
23. now add salt as per taste and stir very well.
24. now add 1 tsp fruit salt (eno) or ½ tsp baking soda. for a less soapy alkaline aroma you can add ½ tsp fruit salt or ¼ tsp baking soda. the texture in this case is less fluffy and soft.
25. as soon as you add the fruit salt, quickly begin to stir the whole batter.
26. be quick and stir very well so that the eno is mixed evenly in the batter.
27. pour the oats idli batter in the the greased idli moulds. try to use all the batter in one steaming lot. if you keep the batter for a second round of steaming, the idlis won’t become that soft.
28. place the moulds in the steamer/electric cooker/pressure cooker. cover and steam the idlis till they are done. about 10 to 12 minutes. a toothpick inserted in the idlis should come out clean. allow the steamed idlis to stand for some minutes. then remove them with a spoon dipped in hot water.
bread pakora recipe, how to make plain bread pakora recipe
moong dal dhokla recipe, how to make moong dal dhokla | dhokla recipes
green peas sundal recipe, how to make green peas sundal recipe
masala paniyaram recipe, how to make masala paniyaram recipe
chana sundal recipe, how to make chana sundal recipe | sundal recipes
alu vadi or patra or pathrode recipe, how to make alu vadi recipe
appam recipe, how to make kerala style appam recipe with yeast
neer dosa recipe, how to make neer dosa recipe | dosa recipes