Puran Poli Recipe For Sankranti
Makar Sankranti is distinguished via India differently. It is an portentous festival and in many tools of India, rural festivals (‘Nabanna’ in Bengal, ‘Bihu’ in Assam) are celebrated.
With celebration, special credentials of dishes is essential. Puran Poli is one such special sweetmeat that is done in Maharashtra on a arise of Makar Sankranti. Puran Poli is also prepared in Gujarat and in several other states, though it is named differently.
So, today, we shall be pity this special recipe with you. Continue reading.
Serves – 4
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
For a Filling
1. Chaana Dal – 1 crater (soaked and cooked)
2. Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
3. Sugar – 1/3rd cup
4. Nutmeg Powder – a pinch
5. Saffron Colour – a few drops
For a Dough
6. Wheat Flour – 1 cup
7. Ghee – ½ tbsp
1. Soak chaana dal in lukewarm H2O and afterwards prepared it in a vigour cooker until 3 whistles.
2. Now, spin on a stove. Take a extended vessel and supplement a baked chaana dal into it and also supplement sugar. Now, prepared it really well, so that we get a dough-like mixture.
3. Cool it totally and supplement cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and saffron colour into it. If we wish it sweeter, we can supplement some-more powdered sugarine as well. Mix all good and keep it aside.
4. Now, start creation a dough. For that, take a large play and supplement wheat flour into it. Add ghee and also supplement H2O to make a dough. Add H2O solemnly to prepared a mix perfectly. Take tiny ghee on your palms and again alleviate a dough.
5. Now, make balls of a mix and hurl it out to make it into a roti. Also, make tiny balls of a reduction of chaana dal and put it on a roti. Then, tighten a edges of a roti to cover a chaana ball.
6. Press a round with your hands and hurl it out to make it flat, like a roti. Then, feverishness a tawa and put a Puran Poli on a tawa. Roast it on a tawa
Puran Polis are prepared to be served. You could offer it prohibited with some ghee and coconut milk.