roasted chana dal chutney recipe | roasted bengal gram chutney
roasted chana dal or bengal gram is also called as daria dal or bhuna chana dal or dalia. not to be confused with dalia which is broken wheat.
the recipe does use some fresh coconut, but the amount of chana dal is more than coconut. in the absence of fresh coconut, you can easily add desiccated coconut. tempering in this recipe is also optional and you can just skip it. the recipe is a quick one and gets done within 15 minutes, if you have grated coconut handy.
this roasted chana dal chutney goes very well with any south indian tiffin snack.
step by step roasted chana dal chutney recipe:
1. take 5 tbsp roasted chana dal/bengal gram, 2 tbsp grated coconut or desiccated coconut, ½ inch ginger (chopped) 1 to 1.5 tsp green chilies and salt as required in a chutney grinder jar. you can add more green chilies for a spicy taste.
2. add 4 to 5 tbsp water and grind to a smooth chutney.
3. remove the chutney in a small pan or bowl.
4. in another small pan or tadka pan, heat ½ tbsp oil. add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
5. then add the 5 to 6 curry leaves.
6. saute till the curry leaves become crisp.
7. pour the entire tempering ingredients along with the hot oil in the chutney. stir very well.
roasted chana dal chutney recipe below:
green peas sundal recipe, how to make green peas sundal recipe
chana sundal recipe, how to make chana sundal recipe | sundal recipes
rajma sundal recipe – how to make rajma sundal for ganesh chaturthi
kala chana sundal, how to make kala chana sundal for ganesh chaturthi
cabbage vada recipe, how to make cabbage vada | cabbage vadai recipe
potato roast recipe, how to make potato roast | aloo roast recipe
onion tomato chutney recipe, how to make onion tomato chutney recipe
tomato chutney recipe, how to make tomato chutney recipe