Sweet Pumpkin Palya Recipe For Sankranti
There are certain special cuisines in India that are prepared during a certain occasion, in a specific states. On Makar Sankranti, if Bengal comes with a delicacies of ‘Pitha’ (sweet rice cake with filling), people in Karnataka prepared palyas.
On this portentous day, a people in Karnataka prepared this tantalizing plate with potato or honeyed pumpkin. In many households of Karnataka, it is done with lots of coconut in it.
The recipe of this honeyed pumpkin palya is really easy and we need elementary mixture for this. Want to prepared it during home this Makar Sankranti? Then, have a demeanour during a recipe below.
Also Read: Recipes To Sweeten Your Sankrant/Pongal
Serves – 2
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
1. Sweet Pumpkin – 1½ crater (chopped finely)
2. Red Chillies – 2
3. Green Chillies – 2
4. Fresh Coconut – 1/2 crater (grated)
5. Cilantro – 2-3 sprigs (finely chopped)
6. Vegetable Oil – 3 tsp
7. Salt as per taste
8. Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
9. Urad Dal – 2 tsp
10. Asafetida – a pinch
11. Channa Dal – 2 tsp
12. Curry Leaves – 4-5
13. Turmeric Powder – ¼th tsp
Also Read: Main Course Recipes For Pongal
1. Chop pumpkin uniformly by stealing a skin and seeds.
2. Take a kadai and feverishness oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, asafetida, turmeric, and afterwards supplement in a chillies as well. Fry it for 30 seconds.
3. When we see a dal changing colour, supplement a pumpkin into a kadai and also supplement a small volume of water. Cover a lid and let it be baked well.
4. Check it after 5 mins to see if a pumpkin has been cooked. You will find it soothing enough. Add salt into it and give it a good mix.
5. Add cilantro and grated coconut and again brew all well.
6. Sweet pumpkin palya is prepared to be served. Serve it prohibited with rice or rotis.