Tasty Sugar Puran Poli Recipe For Ganesh Chaturthi
There is only a week remaining for us to applaud a many joyous festival, ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’. Yes, this special festival is distinguished opposite a nation, in fact around a whole globe.
The categorical captivate of a festival is a Ganesh statue and a candy that are offering to a lord. Apart from a ladoo, one of a critical honeyed recipes that can be prepared for Ganesh Chathurti is puran poli.
You might know how to ready a puran poli honeyed recipe. But here’s an easy process to ready a delicacy.
Also Read:15 Ladoo Recipes For Ganesh Chaturthi You Shouldn’t Miss
In South India, this recipe is popularly famous as sakare holige. This holige recipe is really opposite from a common puran poli recipes. It tastes best when it is served with ghee or badam milk.
So, here is a juicy sugarine puran poli recipe that we can ready for Ganesh Chaturthi.
Serves – 8
Cooking time – 1/2 an hour
Preparation time – 2 hours (approximately)
Sugar – 3 cups
Fine rava (sooji rava) – 2 and a 1/2 cups
Grated Coconut – 5 to 6 cups
Maida – 1 and a 1/2 cup
Poppy seeds – 2 teaspoons
Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Take a bowl, supplement rava, maida and oil. Mix all a reduction well. Make it into a dough, like a one we would make for chapatis. Keep it aside for about 2 hours.
- (Note that there should be some-more oil when we ready this dough)
- Fry a poppy seeds and afterwards send them into a mixy jar, along with sugar, grated coconut and cardamom.
- Grind it good to make it into a excellent powder.
- Take a belligerent reduction and make tiny turn balls with it.
- Now, take a apportionment from a mix (as we would make rotis or chapatis)
- Place it on your palm and afterwards place a tiny turn belligerent coconut reduction on it and cover a mix from all sides.
- Then, take a plastic-coated piece or a turn banana root and widespread oil onto it.
- Place a pressed mix on a piece or a banana root and daub this regulating your palm (like how you’d make rotis)
- Meanwhile, feverishness a pan, and afterwards kindly send a holige on to a vessel and fry it on both a sides with ghee, until it turns reddish brownish-red in colour.
- Transfer this on to a image and offer it hot.
Offer this special sakkare holige or puran poli to Lord Ganesha and afterwards discharge it among your family members and friends.
Prepare this honeyed puran poli recipe and let us know your feedback.