Try This Tasty Vadukapuli Achar for Onam
To applaud Onam, scheming a vadukapuli achar is one of a tasty ways. Now, if we live in Kerala, you’ll know all about this achar; though if not, we will be astounded to know that vadukapuli achar is zero though savoury furious lemon pickle, that can make any plate ambience better.
Why is this plight credentials so special during Onam? Actually, Onam is one of a biggest festivals in Kerala and it is a festival of harvest.
People of this state applaud it with resplendence and effect and they suffer this collect deteriorate by credentials of several normal dishes.
During this time, even lemons are harvested and a women of a family prepared vadukapuli achar with good enthusiasm.
If we are meddlesome in perplexing opposite cuisines and also feel a beat of Onam in your house, no matter in that partial of a universe we live in, we should try a vadukapuli achar recipe for Onam.
The ‘vadukapul’ or furious lemons are immature than a typical lemons and they are utterly clever in essence as well.
So, this Onam, we can prepared vadukapuli achar and suffer it with lots of other South Indian delicacies like thoran, avail, pachadi, olan, etc. How to make vadukapuli achar for Onam? Read on to know more.
Serves – One jar
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- Vadukapuli (wild lemons) – 4
- Green Chillies – 6
- Gingelly Oil – ½ cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 2½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼th tsp
- Fenugreek Powder – ¼th tsp
- Jaggery – 50 grams
- Asafoetida – ¼th tsp
- Vinegar – ¼th cup
- Boiled Water – 1 cup
- Salt – as needed
- Curry Leaves – 5 to 6 leaves
- Heat a vessel with oil and sauté any lemon during a time.
- Once we see a lemons losing their immature colour, aria a oil and concede them to be cooled.
- Now, cut from a center and flay off good along with a white strength as we flay off oranges.
- Then, cut a lemony partial into tiny pieces.
- Add salt into a pieces and brew them well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil again and supplement fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Sauté good and supplement chilli powder, immature chillies, turmeric powder and stir well.
- Now, supplement jaggery. If we wish it to be some-more sweet, we can supplement ½ a crater of sugarine too.
- Mix all a reduction well, supplement vinegar, and let a reduction boil.
- Add boiled H2O if it gets too dry. Cook for 5 mins over low flame.
- Add a chopped lemons and brew all well.
- Taste it and, if required, supplement salt.
- Now, supplement a curry leaves and spin off a flame.
- Cool it off totally and store it in an indisputable jar.
- Your vadukapuli achar is prepared to be served.
You can offer it with roti and rice. Vinegar is used in this achar as a preservative. If we store it well, this achar will stay succulent for long. Always tighten a jar firmly after any use; otherwise, a achar might debase shortly due to a chemical greeting with atmosphere particles.