Yummy Cucumber Sambar Recipe
Cucumber is once such unfeeling that has countless advantages for your altogether health. From determining your weight to beautifying your skin, cucumber can do it all.
It can be had tender or baked to obtain a several benefits. Cucumber can also be used to make curries and sambars. Have we ever had of cucumber sambar? For vegetarians, it can be a ideal dish.
Instead of a tedious unfeeling dal or sambar recipe, try scheming this easy cucumber sambar recipe. You’ll only need some elementary reduction to make this sambar.
Also Read: Easy Tasty Potato Onion Sambar Recipe
Another engaging thing is, we can use charcoal gourd or pumpkin instead of a cucumber as well, and it will also ambience unequivocally nice.
So, here are a easy stairs to prepared cucumber sambar. Read on to know more.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (for sambar):
1. Medium-sized cucumber – 1 (cut in cubes)
2. Toor dal – 1 cup
3. Black-eyed peas – 1 cup
4. Jaggery – 2 tsp
5. Turmeric powder – ¼th tsp
6. Salt to taste
Ingredients (for sambar masala):
1. Grated coconuts – 2 cups
2. Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
3. Red chillies – 3
4. Urad dal – 2 tsp
5. Chana dal – 2 tsp
6. Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
7. Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
8. Tamarind pulp – 2 tsp
9. Curry leaves – 1 strand (optional)
10. Asafoetida – A pinch
11. Cooking oil – 1 tsp
Ingredients (for seasoning):
1. Red chilli – 1
2. Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
3. Curry leaves – 1 strand
4. Cooking oil – ½ tsp
Also Read: Special Mixed Pulses Sambar Recipe
1. Wash a black-eyed peas good and soak them in water, leave overnight. Next morning, ready those in a vigour cooker. Switch off a stove after 1 whistle.
2. Keep it aside.
3. Wash toor dal good and supplement turmeric powder, H2O and a few drops of oil into it.
4. Pour toor dal into vigour cooker and ready it for 3 whistles. Don’t warp a dal.
5. Now, put a cucumber cubes, salt and H2O into a same vigour cooker and ready it adult to dual whistles. Now, a dal will warp completely.
6. Take a vessel and dry fry a red chilies, urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. Don’t forget to use 1 tsp of cooking oil.
7. Now, take off a roasted spices from a stove and flow all these into a grinder. Add a grated coconut to a other spices.
8. Add H2O slowly. You don’t need a runny mixture.
9. Grind all reduction good and make a thick masala.
10. Add this into a vigour cooker that contains a reduction of toor dal and cucumber. Add a black-eyed peas too that you’d kept aside.
11. Add H2O according to a consistency. Also, supplement jaggery and salt.
12. Cook a sambar adult to 10-15 minutes.
13. In a apart pan, heats some oil and supplement red chilli, mustard seeds and curry leaves into it. When your sambar is done, rage it with this mixture.
14. Your cucumber sambar is prepared to be served.
Now, we know how to prepared a cucumber sambar. You can have it with rice, dosa or idli to suffer it better.